|Shelby Mustang "K.I.T.T"
In 2008 and 2009, the TV series "Knight Rider" was resurrected. However, the role of K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand),
the intelligent sidekick automobile, was played by a Shelby Mustang GT500KR, instead of Pontiac Firebird.
Aoshima produced various version of the original K.I.T.T. Pontiac, with and without a working strobe light in the hood. In fact, I
was able to purchase just the strobe light kit and used this to reproduce the light in the Revell Shelby kit. A grain of wheat bulb
was also installed in the dash to represent when K.I.T.T. talked. I put together a little movie showing the strobe light.
Base Kit(s): Revell 2008 Shelby GT500KR (kit number 85-4226)
Finished: April 2017
- built mostly out of the box
- photoetched set from KA models (grill, brake disks and calipers, hood louvers, emblems, "SHELBY" name.)
- custom printed licence plate to match the TV series car
- interior paint is Tamiya semi-gloss black and grey
- exterior paint Tamiya Gloss Black, with Testors Jet Exhaust for the stripes
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.