|Porsche 904 - Le Mans 1964
2014 was the 50th anniversary of the GT2 win at Le Mans for the Porsche 904. It was intended for our 2014 Le Mans build, but
we didn't have one. I finished it up over a few weekends after the 2014 race. It was based on the old Monogram slot car based
model kit from 1965.
Base Kit(s): Monogram Porsche 904 (kit number PC127)
Finished: July 2014
- headlights replaced with MV lenses and parts box covers
- opened up side scoops
- molded in windshield wiper removed and windshield polished
- instrument gauges from Porsche 961 decals
- re-scribed and deepened panel lines
- aluminum tubing used for exhaust pipe
- wheels and some interior painted with Alclad aluminum, chassis with Tamiya semi-gloss black acrylic
- paint is Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminum, with 3 coats of Tamiya clear
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.