|2008 Mustang Cobra Jet
I saw a model a few years ago at the NNL Nationals outside of Toledo, Ohio and really fell in love with graphics, but I was unable to
locate who made the decals. I even took a photo and started to make the design, with the idea that I would print my own decals.
Fortunately, Slixx decals produced a set in 2013 that I ordered online.
The real CobraJet is a twin turbo ready-to-run drag car and I took some liberties in building this version. The car was a kit-bash of
the Revell Mustang and Shelby kits.
Base Kit(s): Revell '06 Mustang (kit number 85-2839)
Revell 2008 Shelby GT500KR (kit number 85-4226)
Finished: June 2014
- engine and seats from Shelby kit, the rest from the Mustang kit
- hexagonal mesh, from Hobby Design, used for front grill
- wheels from Revell Shelby Series II, front tires from parts box, rear tires from kit
- added bare metal foil behind all running lights
- detail chassis painting based on Internet photos of the underside of the newer Mustangs
- flocked floor
- paint is Tamiya Pure White from the can, followed by two coats of clear, lightly polished before fully curing
- interior is Tamiya semi-gloss through an airbrush
- decals are Slixx Cobra Jet Mustang
Toronto Model Car Show and Contest, Toronto, ON September 2014, 3rd place Factory Stock - Domestic
Click on Thumbnail to see detailed image. These images are 1024 x 768 and maybe a bit slow to load, depending on
your connection speed.